Wednesday, May 21, 2008

So I've decided to try and get up early to exercise every day. Normally I would wait for Claire to nap, sit the boys down at the computer and exercise then. The problem is that sometimes Claire would nap at 9am and sometimes at 11am. That leaves me hanging around the house like a frumpalump, waiting for her to go down. Then by the time I would shower and get ready for the day it would be time for lunch. So i've been having Brent wake me up in the morning before he goes to work. And i'm quite proud to say that I've gotten up every morning, granted it's only been a week, but I could have easily gone back to sleep! What's amazing to me is how productive i've been this week. I'm showered and ready before I take Malia to school and we're on time. This week i've also organized my craft room closet, organized the linen closet and labeled shelves (with the vinyl of course :) I've straightened out my closet, cleaned the whole house and just felt good. I'm amazed at what a difference it has made. I just need to remember that every morning when I contemplate whether I should get up or go back to sleep. The hardest part is getting to bed at a decent time, i'm such a night owl.
On another note: We had a great weekend. We had the annual Iris festival here. So Saturday we went to the parade. The kids love the parade and talk about it all year. Mostly they love the bag of candy that they come home with. I don't love the bag of advertisements and flyers I come home with , but we had a good time. It was very hot...headed to the 90's and I felt bad for those marching bands with their black, polyester, long sleeve uniforms on. I can't believe they make them were those when it's 90 degrees out!
After the parade we let the kids ride some really lame carnival rides. Luckily they don't know they are really lame and had a great time. After the rides, Jacob headed to t-ball, while I went home with the kids to cool down. That evening we headed over to edgyk's house for a barbeque. It was a fabulous day and we all came home exhausted...and in need of showers!
We finally bought a new barbeque this weekend. We bought our first barbeque right after we were married for about $30 at a garage sale. It can only be described as nasty! The lighting mechanism on it didn't work, so I would have to stick a lighter under the barbeque and turn on the gas and wait for the "POOF", sometimes there was a bit too much "POOF". So I'm pretty excited, i'm sure i'll use it a lot more than the old one.
The weather is back in the 60's this week. Weird. But our little heat spell made us so excited for this summer. We have some fun things planned and i'm looking forward to being outside and enjoying the weather.

8 comments:

Julia said...

Holy moly, I've never been that productive in my entire life! Way to go!

Ditto Family said...

Sounds like a great week and weekend! If you run out of projects you are welcome to come here : )

I'm anxious to hear if your lighting thingy in your BBQ last for very long. I've never known one to last past the 30 day warranty. Lots of yummy meals ahead!

Anonymous said...

I need some of your "get-up-and-go" attitude shipped down here. After a week of sun, and then back to this rainy weather, I'm having a hard time getting much accomplished.

Amanda Davis said...

I am the same way with working out in the morning. I get so much other stuff done too when I am up and going before my kids! Isn't it funny how that works out. Kind of nice though. It is like an extra insentive to get up and get going!

Jonna T. said...

Oh, I know just how you feel. I, too, try to get up at five to get in my workout. My problem is that I burn out way too fast! I hate it. I'm back to the rolling over at 5am and just saying, "oh, I just can't today, I'm too tired" I think my problem is I have no willpower when I am fast asleep. It's amazing though, how fabulous i feel, and how much I get done when I'm active, but I just can't keep it going! Ugh. Power to you! Keep it up, your will power is obviously stronger than mine!

The Boys Club plus a girl! said...

Hey Deena! I can't help but add... you're not expecing, are you? :-) I just had #4, and it was WONDERFUL nesting. I LOVED it, and enjoyed getting my house in order, and old things thrown out! My husband loved it too! Anyway, it was too classic to pass up. But I do agree... I get the most done when I get up and get the blood flowing early in the AM... I look forward to doing so again when my 6 weeks have arrived. Until then, I'll enjoy eating what I want for the sake of nursing, right? :-) Take care! Keep in touch!

EdgyK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EdgyK said...

frumpalump...that's a funny word...hee hee.