Friday, May 21, 2010

Is it the end of May already??

Brent hinted that I should update the blog. I agree i've lost the blogging bug, but I'll try my best to update occasionally. Mostly their is nothing too update...but here goes.
It's been almost two months now that i've been a "single mom." Brent is loving his job at ALK abello. He loves the people and the atmosphere. I'm thankful for that. I can't say that i'm loving my job right now :) but i'm trying my best to remain positive. I feel like 80% of my life right now consists of cleaning, and more cleaning. Trying to keep the house clean enough to show it, with four kids, is a full time job. The other 20% of my life is sitting at baseball games. (freezing cold ones I might add) We have had one of the coldest, rainiest springs here in Oregon. Just so I don't sound totally pessimistic, I have amazing friends who are always willing to help. Friends who have brought me dinner, taken my kids so I can have a break, and just called or stopped by to say hi. I'm so thankful for good friends.
I've been trying to keep myself busy with other projects. I made a dress for myself, and the pillows pictured below. I also made some decorative fabric balls (pic below), I just need to find something cute to put them in.
The newport marathon is coming up in a few weeks. Brent is running with his brother and another friend and his training is going great. I on the other hand have not been able to train, so I am planning on running as far as I can and then walking the rest. Definately not expecting to beat my time from last year...just trying to complete it this year. We are looking forward to a fun weekend on the coast.

Jacob is doing great in baseball. He is a good little infielder! Cole is...well in his first year where no one can catch or throw. They are just cute to watch!