Saturday, March 28, 2009
today and he has bronchitis. Jacob and Malia have coughs, I have some sort of mild flu bug (luckily no throwing up) just chills and aches. Claire's rash seems to be going away finally. The doctor didn't think it was from the cat. He said she would have it on other places besides her face if she was allergic to the cat. So we have no idea why she broke out in the rash...but luckily it's going away.
So it looks like we'll get to keep the cat. What's funny is that we named her Ruby...Claire pronounces it "poopy." So the other kids get a good laugh from that. Other than that...it was a pretty slow week. Lots of rain and lots of indoor activities. Hopefully there will be more to report later.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
-Is obsessed with animals
-Loves "doodles" and string cheese. Her favorite treat is ice cream
-Claire is always quick to say please, thank you and i'm sorry
-She is loved by her siblings, Malia is practically a second mom to her. This morning
I woke up and Malia had already changed Claire's diaper and got her dressed. (Nice! I should
sleep in more often.)
-When Claire gets nervous or shy she stuffs her hands in her mouth and won't talk
-We love this girl and can't imagine our house without her!
It's spring break for the kids, so we all went to McDonalds for lunch. Claire watched her favorite "move it, move it" movie (madagascar) and then we had our awesome party.
Okay, it wasn't so awesome, but she's only two and she didn't really know what was going on. I made her kitty cupcakes and she opened a few presents. Grandma and Grandpa came up to celebrate with Claire. The best thing about Claire's birthday is she (we) got a new cat! (yes a real one)The kids named the cat Ruby. Her previous owners had named her Isolde and since i'm not even sure how to pronounce that, we decided to give her a new name. She's a sweet cat, but still very skiddish around the kids. She spent the first few days hiding behind our bed. She would come out at night after the kids were in bed. The kids are in love with her.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
8 Favorite TV Shows:
1. The biggest loser (i'm hoping someday i'll be really inspired!)
2. American Idol
4. So you think you can dance...notice a reality tv trend yet?
5. The office
6. The city, The hills (basically really dumb MTV reality shows, lame I know)
7. How it's made on discovery channel
8. And before we downgraded our dish...what not to wear.
8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Went to the gym
2. spent too much time on the computer
3. Went to the kids' school to eat lunch with them
4. picked up a babysitter
5. Searched the internet for Claire's birthday gift.
6. Went out to eat with some friends at Olive garden
7. Went to the temple. (Side note: Brent had to speak at the chapel session. In his talk he told a story about a couple who had served a mission in Ghana and some things they accomplished while they were there. The temple pres. wife get's up next and says that they served a mission in Ghana also and were friends with this couple. crazy coincidence.)
7. Stayed up to watch American idol and The biggest loser. DVR'd of course so I could speed through!
8 Things I'm Looking Forward To:
1. A warm, sunny day
2. Claire being potty trained (not even close folks)
3. Annual vacation to Sunriver
4. Marathon in May
5. The day when my kids can babysit
6. September when I send 3! kids to school.
7. My bed, every single night!
8 Favorite Restaurants:
1. The portland city grill
3. John's chinese place on River rd.
4. Olive Garden
6. Ruby Tuesdays
8. McDonalds (yes i'm one of those sick people that actually likes their wimpy cheeseburgers)
8 Things on My Wish List:
1. To be as funny as julia
2. For someone else to make dinner each night for a week
3. To sleep until 9:00 in the morning
4. To sit and read for hours without feeling guilty that I should be doing something else
5. To be able to eat brownies and ice cream EVERY day without gaining a lb.
6. To never yell at my kids
7. For my kids to really learn how to swim!
8. For Claire to potty train herself. I realize this is a totally selfish wish list, but it is a WISH list after all...
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Here's a close up of the wainscoting. I LOVE how it turned out. Brent also installed "motion activated" (he wanted to make sure I included that part) under cabinet task lighting.
So here's the almost final picture. (I should have waited until it was light outside to take the picture, but i was too impatient) I want to recover the bar stools with some fun fabric, but haven't found anything that i'm in love with yet. And i'm still searching for some red canisters, but other than that we are done. I love it!
On a completely separate note: Claire turns two this month! We took her crib down last week and she has been happy sleeping on a mattress on her floor. We'll get her toddler bed down soon. Out of all of our kids, she has made this adjustment the easiest. She stays on her mattress when it's nap time and bedtime. It's been great! Also today she kept saying "poopy, poopy." She's done this several times before and i've sat her on the potty but nothing has happened. Today Brent sat her on the potty and left her there even after she repeatedly yelled that she was done. Soon enough she yells "i did it!" And sure enough she did. We were pretty proud of our little 2 year old. I'm not feeling ready to potty train, but it looks like I might not have a choice. She's talking up a storm and says the cutest things. She can also throw a pretty decent tantrum...but we love her!