Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's day

Saturday, my mom and I headed over to the Oregon gardens in Silverton. We were a little bummed that the weather wasn't nicer, oh well. It was nice to just walk around and enjoy the quiet! The gardens were beautiful. I think it made us both want to head straight for a nursery to buy all sorts of exotic plants, luckily we restrained ourselves. After the gardens we went to the local farmers market. Which consisted of about 6 booths. All selling tomato plants. So that was a quick stop. We then stopped at the mall to find a dress for my mom. Later that evening we met up with my sister and had dinner at a place called Rudy's . It's a golf course restaurant in an old manor. I would give it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars. There were beautiful views of the golf course, but we ended up at a table where we couldn't quite see out the windows...so that affected the atmosphere a bit. All in all it was a great day. Yesterday I had a fabulous Mother's day. I woke up to breakfast in bed. French toast, sausage and fruit. Brent worked hard to make sure my day was perfect. He took Claire for all three hours of church, let me take a little nap after church, and cooked me dinner. We went for a family bike ride to the elementary school and the kids played for a bit. Then we came home and had scrumptious brownie sundaes. We played a game of "Swap" our new favorite card game (very easy for the kids to play) and just had a wonderful, relaxing day. It's so nice to have a day "off". I only wish that Mother's day came after Father's day, because he's set the bar high for me!

3 comments:

Ditto Family said...

Nice picture of your mommy!

Sounds like a great weekend. Being childless during all three hours of church is quite a treat.

Do you think our kids would like "Swap?" We were trying to play a game last night but Coop was totally in the way and the game ended up being short lived.

Dawn said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! We love the game SWAP too - for the same reason - all the kids can play.

Julia said...

I'm glad your day/weekend was fantastic. Sounds fun, especially the napping part.