Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bittersweet...

Well, most of you have already heard our announcement, so this won't be anything new, but just in case you haven't heard...Brent received a job offer for a company in Post Falls, ID (just outside Spokane). He starts in 11 days and he is so excited! He is excited about the company, they are growing and offer things like a bonus program, retirement contributions, and shorter hours! Things that he does not get now. He will no longer have to commute 2 hrs a day, YAY! And how do I feel about this you ask? Honestly, I have mixed feelings. I've lived in Oregon pretty much my whole life (except for college) My parents live in the same house my Dad built when I was a toddler. I'm not big on change. I have the best friends i've ever had, here in Keizer. I'll be leaving family, but moving closer to family. I do know that this is the right decision, I guess i'm just SCARED, to have to go through the process of getting to know people and starting all over in a new place. So Brent starts his job on the 22nd and I will stay here and attempt to sell the house. Brent will be coming home every other weekend, but otherwise i'm on my own. I am praying that the house sells quickly, or else they may have to commit me to an insane asylum. Either that or i'll gain a hundred lbs from all the brownies i'll be downing on those Friday nights he's gone :) So please pray that we will sell quickly!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job. We've driven through Post Falls about a bizillion times (from when we lived in Missoula, MT travelling to and from Oregon). It's a great place!!!

Annie Ditto said...

We've been praying for your house to sell- WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!! See you soon!!

So Many M's said...

Wow, all you guys are moving out there aren't ya. I have cousin and 2 different cousin-in-laws that live in Post Falls too. What a great place. Man I love Spokane, if Randy could get a job there when he was done with school, we'd go in a heartbeat. My lil sis just moved out there to live with my older sis while she figures out what she wants to do with her life. Her and Blayre are having a ball together though. Good luck with the house, it will work out.

Julia said...

You know you've got a friend in me :) We're praying for you!!!!

Thank heaven for little girls said...

How exciting! It will be wonderful and you will love it. I served 4 months of my mission in Post Falls. Tell me what ward you are in I'll have to look up some old friends and get out my ward list. So many great memories. Ask people if they remember a Sister Burleigh- I know I made a lasting impression. LOL. It's beautiful their and still not far to drive to get back to Oregon if you are missing it.

Ditto Family said...

Prayers being sent your way!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new job. What a blessing, esp. now days! You guys will do great. Of coarse everyone will miss you, but it's all about keeping family close, and keeping in touch with friends. Good Luck!

Natalie said...

You're moving?! I'm happy for you and happy that it's a good job promotion for the husband. That's great news. Sorry you're leaving though.

Are you going to make it for the marathon? If you train at elevation, you'll kick butt at the oxygen infested sea level.