Saturday, September 20, 2008

JACOBS BIRTHDAY...(oh and our anniversary)

Jacob turned 6 last Thursday. I can't tell you how excited he was! Thursday we started our our celebrations by bringing sprinkled doughnuts to his kindergarten class. They were in heaven. Then we went to the video store and he got to pick out a movie to rent. That evening we had pizza and pop and then he opened his gifts from us.
Today he had his first "friends" party. He invited 5 boys and 1 lucky girl over. We played games and had brownies and ice cream topped with all sorts of candy. We opened presents and then finished off the party with a treasure hunt. I think it went well and he had a great time. Jacob has never had a lot of friends...mostly because we haven't done preschool or many sports yet. So he is loving kindergarten and all of his new "friends" that he has made.


This is one of the games we played. See who can wrap the mummy in toilet paper the quickest. I suggest heavy duty tp for this one. Although the kids thought it was great. Jacob is being hugged by Malia in this pic.


This is Jacobs friend Tyler from around the corner and also in his Kinder class. Tyler LOVES claire, and we had to capture this moment because Claire wasn't too sure she wanted to be sitting with Tyler. She had the funniest look on her face.



And on to our anniversary...which is the same day as Jacob's b-day. Brent sent me these beautiful flowers and I also got a 50lb bag of peanut m&m's...okay it just seems like 50lbs, but i'm managing to make a good dent in it. (Dark chocolate m&m's....the best!!)

Tonight my brother and his wife came up to babysit the kids while we went out to eat and went to a movie. We hit up Jack in the box (best cheap burger ever) and then went to see "The dark knight." We enjoyed it, but it was a bit dark...and gruesome. (And the family in front of us had two kids watching it, the youngest looked like he was 6 or 7...but that's a whole different post) Would I watch it again? probably not. But it was nice to spend time together with no kids. So 9 years after marrying my hubby I couldn't be happier. He is the best!

8 comments:

Ditto Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Remember Birch and I sang "Perhaps Love" at your wedding...you two are wonderful examples of love birds to me.

Happy Bday Jacob!! Sprinkle donuts---how cool!

Julia said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I'm glad you guys were able to watch such a romantic movie on your special day.

The Ditto clan said...

Yes, we are romantic like that...

Anonymous said...

Well, Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Well, Happy Anniversary!

Amanda Davis said...

I think I am most impressed with the Jack in the box dinner!That is romance!

Deyce said...

Happy Anniversary! Of course, I forgot about Jacob's birthday AND your anniversary. Can I use pregnancy as an excuse?

EdgyK said...

Congrats. You'll have to plan something big for the 10 year. If you've made it this far you'll make it forever. We love you guys and you are a good example to us.