Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Our Weekend in Seattle

This weekend we drove up to Seattle to visit Logan and Julia and kids. We had a great weekend. Saturday night we went to a little place called "The Scratch Patch." It's a little store that has all of these really cool rocks. They are all over the floor and the kids can sit in them and play and pick out there favorites to take home. I had to take this picture of Brent because I thought it was Hilarious that the address for the scratch patch was 6507 1/2.





After the scratch patch we went to this little mexican restaurant called Gorditos. Let's just say it's not a first class establishment, but the food was so, so good. I think they offer the worlds biggest burritoes. Here's Jane digging in.


Monday we went to a great park and enjoyed the beautiful weather. We kept catching Jacob and Lucy holding hands and it was pretty cute. But I kept missing my chance to take a picture of them. So this is as close as I got. The kids had a great time playing together. After the park we walked over to Baskin-Robbins for some ice cream.
The kids getting their hands stamped by the bubble man.

Overall it was a fabulous weekend, with some fabulous people. Thanks for letting us take over your house Logan and Julia!

5 comments:

Ditto Family said...

That does sound like a great weekend! When are you going to come visit us? Guess we will see you in a couple of weeks. I'd love a bit of that burrito right now.

Julia said...

I'm glad we actually did some fun stuff while you were here so you had something to blog about besides what USUALLY goes on here: "We sat around and listened to the neighbor kids running up and down their stairs. Then we inhaled the unidentified carpet smell for a few hours until we ate pancakes and brownies for dinner."

EdgyK said...

MMMmm. Pancakes and Brownies for dinner. I would definately write about that in my blog.

That sounds like a really fun weekend. My kids would think they were in heaven at the rock store.

Jonna T. said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I've been waiting for Craig to actually take me to Seattle, versus bypassing it on the way to Levenworth(sp?) so one of these days I would actually like to go and check out the city. I have never been, and he's been several times, so hopefully one day he will show me the sights! Hope your having a great week!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very fun weekend. What a great idea - the scratch patch.