Sunday, December 16, 2007

Is he mine?

I've always been big on oral hygiene. I still brush my kids' teeth for them and am the "teeth monitor" around the house. Jacob is my only child to have gotten a cavity so far (I know they're still young). Earlier this year he had a itty bitty filling put in. Since then he's become Obsessive Compulsive about his teeth. He brushes several times a day and always asks me..."do you see anything in my teeth?" Tonight I made fudge. I made it to deliver to my VT ladies. Of course it was such a BIG batch, that we had to sample a few. When we passed the plate to Jacob he said "No thanks, I might get Chocolate in my teeth and I just brushed." Hello...what five year old says this! I thought it was too funny!
On another note, Brent and I have been asked to play Mary and Joseph for our wards Christmas party. I know, pretty funny huh? I feel so completely un-Mary like. I'm going to have to spend the week really reading my scriptures and trying to become more Mary-like. It should be a fun night. Everyone is invited to wear a costume and we are bringing blankets to sit on the floor. We have to pay a "tax" to get in. The ward members have been working for weeks on the decorations. So we are excited to be part of such a big event. Anyone is invited if you're in the neighborhood, and wish us luck. :)

5 comments:

Anth said...

Well, virginal is the second word that comes to mind when I think of you.

Ditto Family said...

That is funny about Jacob. Wish one of my children would be influenced with that obsessiveness about their teeth. You and Brent will be a great job being Mary and Joseph. I always thought you guys did such an awesome job acting out that song at the wedding-shoot I can't remember the name. But you did a GREAT job lip syncing it.

We just had our Christmas party and we did a Bethlehem theme one too. It turned out WONDERFUL!! Certainly a great way to get in the spirit of Christ.

Dawn said...

Very funny about Jacob. It actually sounds like something I would/do say, however it has not passed on to my children. I also am the tooth monitor, however I must not be doing a good enough job, because even after checking the brushing AND flossing, Becca has to go in for 4 cavities - 4 separate visits to the dentist! Now we are brushing, flossing, and using Crest Pro Health Rinse. AAHHH!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED this story. Too bad we all can't have kids that are so orally-hygienic conscious...

But then what would all the dentists do with their free time?

PDX Toveys said...

We miss Keizer/the Clearlake Ward. Night and day difference up here in the Portland/Milwaukie area. We always enjoyed the ward functions.

Happy Holidays!