Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Holiday havoc

I've always been a little annoyed by people who complain about the holidays..."i'm so busy, blah, busy, blah, blah. I have to say that this is the first year that i've joined the crowd. Since our craft fair I have been busy filling orders. I was trying really hard to have the majority done to take them to Albany last night. I have been so busy crafting that my house has been really neglected. It was sooo messy. And you know when some people say "excuse my mess" and you walk in and there is one dirty cup sitting by the sink. Not that kind of messy. Let me give you an example of HOW messy. I was in the kid's bathroom and could hardly see my reflection. Gross, I really need to clean that, but had about 1 minute before I needed to run out the door. Of course all of my rags are downstairs, probably in the dirty clothes. So I grab a pair of Cole's underwear, the extra absorbent ones of course, and proceed to wipe down the mirror. And yes the underwear were clean! (I hope). Let's just say my messy house has added to my stress the last few days. So last night I took a load of crafts down to Albany. After my deliveries I met up with my old bookclub friends and we ended up talking late into the night. I think every girl needs to do that once in awhile. I got back home to Keizer and crawled into bed around 3am. I woke up this morning and dragged myself out of bed and discovered that the 5 loads of laundry on the floor had been folded and put away, the kitchen was spotless, the living room clean. My pile of clothes laying on the edge of the bathtub...put away. What a great man I married! He spent his whole night cleaning up the house. I don't need to tell every woman out there, that this is one of the best gifts we can receive. This is one of the many reasons why I love him!!

**and remember my "i'm losing my mind" post? This morning I drove Jacob to preschool. Clad in sweats, no bra (hopefully only the ladies are reading this), a big coat to cover the no bra fact, sandals and my glasses (that I only wear in public when i'm sick or have stayed up until 3am). I open the preschool door and scoot Jacob quickly in hoping no one sees me, only to discover there are no kids there. He had no preschool today. Yet another example of my mind slipping...

6 comments:

Jonna T. said...

Aaahh yes, I understand all of that well! I myself have taken Chloe to school that way. Thank goodness I don't have to walk her in anymore! As I type this, I am looking around my house that is still not completely decorated, boxes everywhere, laundry everywhere, (there are only four of us, where DO all of these clothes come from? I can't stand doing laundry! Ugh. I guess I should get off the computer and go work on that, huh? Thanks for the smile. Jonna

Dawn said...

Deena - I totally understand - especially the losing your mind part. Remember the day I walked Becca to Kindergarten and as I was walking I looked down and noticed I was wearing a black flip flop and a brown sandal - two completely different types of shoes. OOPS!

Ditto Family said...

What a couple of months you have had!!! You did marry an amazing man! It is so true how a "house of order" is so important. I can tell how much my moods are effected by a grungy house. I ventured to clean our toilet yesterday. It was a good mood because I found myself throwing up in it not an hour later. Much better to throw up in a sparkling toilet then a nasty one.

You'll love every minute in Spokane--away from the craft orders, away from the laundry, away from the regular household responsibilities.

Julia said...

You made me laugh--wiping the mirror down with underwear is PRICELESS. I might just do it on purpose so I can steal the story and tell it to people.

Anonymous said...

LOVED this post. Sooo many things I can relate to in this one. Brent must be making that last ditch effort to get on Santa's good list, huh? (Just kidding - Brent is awesome and I am not surprised he did that for you at all! What a good man!)

Ditto Family said...

Nice job, Brent. You rock. Deena, I closed my eyes during the no bra sentence.

Birch