Friday, June 17, 2011

Maybe you can take sewing lessons?

My latest projects...let's just say I was not too successful. I bought a lot of fabric to make some roman shades for the windows in the picture below. They were a pretty pintucked white fabric, I followed the instructions carefully, put up the first one and it looked horrible. It fell all kiddywompas and looked horrible. So in frustration I made some "valances" for now. Brent tried to be helpful and said things like "I'm sure we can make them work" and "maybe you could take sewing lessons." Hmmmmm.... Thanks for trying honey.....
So I gave up on the sewing project and turned to something i'm actually semi-decent at. I cut out some vinyl for the space above the t.v. I'm happy with how it turned out. I added more to the swirls on the bottom picture (just in case you are super observant and noticed they are different.)



5 comments:

family member said...

I love it. Looks wonderful

Dawn said...

Looks great! I totally know what you mean about sewing. I made our living room curtains and they actually hung there for a few years, but I always hated the sheers - they just looked homemade. We finally got rid of them and put in shutters. I would love to be a better seamstress. I should take lessons!!

Ditto Family said...

Love your new vinyl touch. I happen to like your shades!

Julia said...

I lurve the valances and the vinyl. Sorry the roman shades didn't work out. Such a pain!!!!!

emily a. said...

I like the shades. Love the fabric- I made a dress for a friend with it.