Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Best cobbler recipe ever!

I had some apples to use up the other day and decided to make an apple cobbler. I have made peach, blueberry, and blackberry cobbler, but never apple. I got this recipe from my mom (thanks mom!) and it is amazing. It's a strange recipe. I was a little skeptical that it would turn out, but it was one of the best cobbler's i've ever had. You could use this recipe with any fruit.

1 2/3 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
-mix together and add:
1 1/3 c. milk
1 cube butter, melted (not low cal..)
-pour mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Put fruit over top.
(I just sliced apples and put them on top and sprinkled sugar/cinnamon over the apples)

In a saucepan mix 1 c. water, 1 c. sugar and 3 tbsp butter, bring to a boil. Pour over
the top of fruit. Bake at 400 for 45 minutes. Serve with fresh whipped cream or ice cream. Yum!

3 comments:

Anth said...

Can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...that sounds delish!

EdgyK said...

I am going to try that.