Sunday, February 1, 2009



Every Sunday we have a special treat. Really it's just our way of bribing our kids into being good during church. If a child is given three warnings then they lose their treat. We try to make it something really yummy so they'll not want to lose it. Today I told Brent he was in charge of the dessert. Sometimes a girl just needs a break, ya know? So he decided to make apple pie. He was very precise in all of his measurements and slicing. He didn't toss it all together like I usually do. Anyway, it was THE BEST apple pie ever. Here's the conversation we had:
Brent: This pie is sooo good!
me: I know, it's better than mine.
Brent: I know...you should blog about this pie!
me: YOU should blog about your pie.
Brent: No, that would be bragging and I don't want to brag...

So there you have it, it's been requested that I do the bragging, so I will. Let it be know that Brent makes the best apple pie ever and I hereby defer all pie baking to him!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...sounds like Brent needs to teach a pie making class to husbands everywhere.

Dawn said...

Very funny! I think I'm going to have to taste a slice to believe it!

Julia said...

Logan is always so proud of himself when he cooks, too. He'll just go on and on about how delicious it is, and at first I'll agree and be all supportive, and then after a while I just get mad--he never raves that much about MY cooking, and I guarantee you it is just as good (if not better) that what he makes. But I'm sure Brent's pie was tasty. You're a good wife.

Ditto Family said...

We have the same bribe on Sunday too!

EdgyK said...

Please don't let my kids know about the bribing then they will think they need it too. Right now we just threaten their very existence on this earth.
Way to go Brent! Scott does the brownies in our house but that's just from the box.